Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The Commander’s Intent

This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us--whatever we ask--we know that we have what we asked of him. 1 John 5:14-15


“Sir, I’ll need Close Air Support for this mission.” “You got it good Sergeant, FSO make it happen!” The Battalion Commander was ready and willing to honor my request on the spot. It was right in line with what he wanted to happen on the objective. I have experienced the same thing in my prayer life. When I’m praying for the things that I know God wants to accomplish, I see so many more answers to my prayers. The trick is figuring out what His will is. But really its no trick, we discover His will every time we read the Bible. We learn more about Him and His work as we study His Word. It is amazing to see how God responds when we ask according to His will. Pray in line with the Commander’s Intent. SP270

CAS (Close Air Support) – The use of Air Force Aircraft to provide fires for ground troops
FSO (Fire Support Officer) – Artillery Officer responsible for coordinating artillery fire for forward maneuver elements