Saturday, May 31, 2008

Knowing it by Heart

How can a young man keep his way pure? By living according to your word…I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you. Psalm 119:9,11


There are a bunch of things I’ve memorized in my years in the Army; General Orders, Ranger Creed, SALUTE Report, METT-T, and the list goes on and on. Usually, the things that I’ve memorized have been associated with the basics and fundamentals of being a soldier. These are principles and procedures that guide the daily execution of duties. I must say it took discipline to memorize but it does pay off in the end. I’ve also practiced this discipline in my Christian life. I have what I call a “Basic Load” of verses that assist me in my daily walk with God. I am amazed at how often these verses fit the situations of resisting temptations, ministering to others, and enjoying the abundant blessings of God. Need some ammo for living the Christian life? Lock and load a few verses in your heart. SP274