Tuesday, May 13, 2008

M2M (Man to Man)

As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another. Proverb 27:17


“How can I grow closer in my walk with Christ?” This was a question from my fellow RI as we sat discussing the Christian life on a mountain in the North Georgia. That question has since been repeated hundreds of times with many different men in burger joints and on beaches, road trips and retreats, a Autostrada in Italy and a boat on the Nile. Helping men who want to grow in their relationship with God. It’s a discipleship process I call “Man to Man” (or for my wife, Ma’am to Ma’am). It’s a method that takes time, patience and prayer but the results are a sharper spiritual life that draws men and women closer to God. Of all the church services, all the Sunday School classes, and all the seminary courses, none has impacted my life the way this simple process has. Whether a peer or mentor, once a week, grab your buddy and some chow, crack open a Bible, and talk about life. It will definitely sharpen your walk with Jesus. SP262