Friday, May 30, 2008

The Price of Unbelief

The LORD replied, "I have forgiven them, as you asked… [However] not one of them will ever see the land I promised on oath to their forefathers. Numbers 14:20, 23


“I just joined for the college money.” “I needed a job, I didn’t think I’d ever have to go to war.” “I don’t mind the Army, I just don’t like this shooting stuff.” Real statements I’ve heard from individuals wanting out of the Army. They wanted the privileges but were unwilling to assume the responsibilities of being a soldier. The Children of Israel pulled the same stunt. The Lord rescued them and was bringing them to the Promised Land. But the people balked because they were afraid and didn’t trust God. The Lord was angry so Moses interceded on their behalf. God did forgive them but He also promised they would never see His blessing. God would give the land of milk and honey to the next generation. We can forfeit blessings when we simply settle for His forgiveness and don’t trust and obey His will. Of course God wants to give us grace and mercy, but He is also building His Kingdom. Trust Him and march forward. SP272

The Rest of the Story: Numbers 13:1-14:25