Saturday, May 10, 2008

Rank has its Privileges

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ. Ephesians 1:3

I remember watching the sergeants when I was a private and thinking, “I’m going to be a sergeant someday so I don’t have to rake these pine-needles anymore and I can just supervise.” Now, looking back, I see that although being a sergeant wasn’t easy, having the rank and position did have its advantages. Being promoted yielded the fruits of better pay, more responsibility, job satisfaction, and a greater since of accomplishment. The same is true with our position in Christ. When we receive Christ as our personal Savior, we also inherit all the rights and privileges that come with this relationship. And as we continue to grow in our faith we see even greater benefits of being in Christ and serving Him. SP259