Thursday, June 26, 2008

“About Face”

Rid yourselves of all the offenses you have committed, and get a new heart and a new spirit. Why will you die, O house of Israel? For I take no pleasure in the death of anyone, declares the Sovereign LORD . Repent and live! Ezekiel 18:31-32

I learned how to execute an “About Face” when I was a JROTC cadet in high school (my sons are doing the same today.) FM 22-5 says “On the command of execution…move the toe of the right foot to a point touching the marching surface about half the length of the foot to the rear and slightly to the left of the left heel…On the second count, turn to the right 180 degrees on the left heel and ball of the right foot, resuming the position of attention.” Sounds complicated but after some practice, you get the hang of it. The intent is to turn from one direction to the opposite in one movement. I learned another kind of “About Face” a few years later. It turned out to be the most important “About Face” I ever made. It’s a spiritual one. God calls us to repent and turn from our sins to His righteousness in Christ. This “About Face” is so important; it’s a matter of life and death. SP300