Thursday, June 12, 2008

Borrowed Glory

Yours, O LORD, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the majesty and the splendor, for everything in heaven and earth is yours. Yours, O LORD, is the kingdom; you are exalted as head over all. 1 Chronicles 29:11


As a kid growing up as an Army Brat, I used to like wearing my Dad’s Army stuff. I would put on that oversized hat, helmet, or pistol belt and think I was cool. Or even put on a fatigue shirt with all the badges and give that long sleeved, handless salute in the mirror. Then when I joined the Army, I donned my own uniform. Over the years I’ve collected my share of ribbons and badges and I still look in the mirror. But there’s something I remind myself, all these things belong to God. He is the one who gives the strength and endurance to pass the physical rigors. He is the one who gives intelligence and wisdom. He has given success and glory and ultimately it all belongs to Him. So the next time someone is looking at your uniform and asks, “What’s that?” you can let them know, “My Dad let me borrow it.” SP285