Sunday, June 15, 2008

Danger: Tail Rotor

Rescue those being led away to death; hold back those staggering toward slaughter. Proverbs 24:11


The PZ was crowded as several Blackhawks landed. I was on the radio with the pilot when out of the corner of my eye I saw a soldier being signaled to another helicopter. That will make any Pathfinder nervous. I started to move quickly toward him and my instincts proved me right. As the soldier started toward the other aircraft, he was headed for the rear of the helicopter. Now at a dead sprint I was able to catch him about 10 meters from the tail rotor of the second aircraft. I grabbed the back of his rucksack almost pulling him out of his skin. As he looked at me in disbelief and anger, I pointed at the tail rotor that would have cut him to shreds. He had avoided a bloody disaster. You know, people all around us are wandering unaware on the PZ of life. Eventually, many end up walking into a spiritual tail rotor and parish for all eternity. As God’s Pathfinders, it’s our job to point out the danger and get them safely to the right aircraft. SP288