Monday, June 02, 2008

Spit Shining Our Eternity

Those who are wise will shine like the brightness of the heavens, and those who lead many to righteousness, like the stars forever and ever. Daniel 12:3


I know I’m dating myself but I wish I had kept track of the number hours I’ve spent shining my boots. Probably enough to build the space shuttle. The frustrating thing is that the shine only lasts for a day or two. Then it’s back to “a little polish, a little water, little circles, a little polish, a little water, little circles...” God gives us the opportunity to have something that will shine for all eternity. If we give our lives to the pursuit of wisdom (God’s Word) and leading people to righteousness (God’s Son), WE will shine like the stars forever. Don’t show up to the heavenly formation with just a brush shine, go for the spit shine Trooper! SP206