Thursday, June 05, 2008

A Stick in the Eye

For this is what the LORD Almighty says…for whoever touches you touches the apple of [My] eye (Zechariah 2:8)

My left hand was up in a flash to block the swishing noise coming at my face in the dark. Next it was from the right, then left! The ranger student in front of me was lacking good trail etiquette and letting the branches fly in the pitch darkness. I was prepared though, as I walked with both hands up on both sides for protection from the twigged assault (until he straddled a pine sapling that whipped between my hands and hit me squarely in the face). It was my greatest fear while walking in the woods at night; to get stuck in the eye. That’s how God feels about protecting His children. When people mess with His kids, it’s like a stick in His eye. Sometimes we wondered if God really cares. But try ignoring someone trying to touch your eye. Oh no, He loves you. You are the apple of His eye.