Friday, June 20, 2008

Eating the Good Stuff

Why spend money on what is not bread, and your labor on what does not satisfy? Listen, listen to me, and eat what is good, and your soul will delight in the richest of fare. Isaiah 55:2



One of the things I loved about the Ranger Battalion was that we could always expect a great meal in the mess hall when we returned from a deployment. Sometimes we had steak, sometimes steak and shrimp; sometimes we even had steak and lobster. What a feast! I would eat until I almost bust. God invites us to do the same at His table. He bids us to come and eat spiritual food that is free and plenty. He has laid out a delicious smorgasbord of spiritual food and all we have to do is come help ourselves to the feast. Where is this fantastic culinary fair? It’s in His Word. “When your words came, I ate them; they were my joy and my heart's delight, for I bear your name, O LORD God Almighty.” (Jeremiah 15:16) SP293