Tuesday, June 10, 2008

New Devotional

I've been working my way through the Gospels again and God is showing me so much. I'd really like to share some of my findings with you. So Sprinkled in the midst of Swordpoint will be some thoughts from a devotional I will call “Following Jesus, a Call to Discipleship.” These devo’s will be raw and unedited. Basically, my quick thoughts without a whole lot of polish. If there is an editor out there who wants to smith my writings, feel free to edit away and send it back in an email and I will make the changes (charleswood1@gmail.com). Hopefully this will stimulate the head, heart, and hands to follow Jesus more closely.

Read Luk 1.1-4, Jn 1.1-18

Being a disciple of Jesus Christ begins with understanding who He is. Luke wants to explain to Theophilus "the exact truth" Lk 1.4 and launches into His story. John also takes great pains in explaining the mystery of the God/Man who came to His own and only those who received Him were named "children of God" Jn 1.12. These are the true converts of Jesus, those born of the will of God Jn 1.13. God the Son, explaining God the Father to those who wanted to know Jn 1.18. FJ1