Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Peace of Mind

You [God,] will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you. Isaiah 26:3

It was my second jump with the 82nd Airborne Division. I landed ok and as I rolled up my chute, I looked up at more troopers exiting the C141. Half way through the stick, two guys entangled and “burned in” about a hundred meters from me. I was afraid to jump before that event but now I was terrified. Three years later, just before a jump and it donned on me that the deep fear was gone. Oh sure, I was still nervous but nothing like my previous fear. I was a Christian now and my relationship with God was running deep. I had a brand new focus, I wanted to serve Christ with all my heart. My trust in Christ had given me a peace the permeated all of life’s circumstances. Are you living in that peace? Have you trusted God with every situation and circumstance? He is able to give that peace that goes beyond all comprehension. And more importantly, He is able to do above and beyond our wildest expectations. Keep the Faith! SP291