Monday, June 02, 2008

A Little Advice

"Come now, let us reason together," says the LORD. "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow… Isaiah 1:18


We had flown all night loaded up with heavy rucks, snowshoes and artic gear. The flight was rough approaching the dropzone and as we hooked up, I stood half bent over under the tremendous weight. As I exited the door, the deafening roar of the C130 turned into silence and the strain of the heavy equipment was immediately relieved. I was floating under my parachute and I surveyed the dropzone. I noticed it was covered with three foot of new snow. A sudden wave of peace overwhelmed me . The stark winter landscape had been covered with a perfect blanket of pure white snow. It was the softest landing of any jump. That memory creates another picture in my mind, the mental image of forgiveness. When I consider how the blood of Jesus Christ has completely covered my sins, I realize that God’s view of me is a spectacular sight of forgiveness. The followers of Jesus have been cleansed as white as snow and we are at peace. A soft landing indeed. SP207