Saturday, June 21, 2008

Go with the Flow

Who has saved us and called us to a holy life--not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace. 2 Timothy 1:9

I received an Army Commendation Medal for my service in Korea but I'm not sure why. First, I never wanted to go to Korea and after a year deferment, thinking the Army had forgotten, I was finally sent to the "Land of the Morning Calm." Once I got to Korea, I didn't quit sniveling about being there until I was on the plane coming home. The only reason I was in the ROK was because my Army and Country wanted me there and I decided it would be best to follow orders. It was my duty. And there I was getting an award for something I didn't want to do in the first place. Sometimes serving God is a lot like that. We are blessed simply by being a part of His purpose. There are times we may go kicking and screaming. Sometimes we don't even do the best job we could. And yet because it's His purpose we end up reaping the benefits. We’d probably live a lot longer if we’d just relax and go with the flow, God’s flow that is. SP294